The next opportunity to apply for School Choice for the 2017/18 school year begins on May 1, 2017 (Phase II). During the Phase II application window (May 1, 2017 - September 1, 2017), parents and guardians and guardians may submit an application for remaining available seats for magnet programs or school reassignment. The application window for Nova schools closed on February 8, 2017.
Applicants who applied during School Choice Phase I do not need to apply during School Choice Phase II unless a magnet program or reassignment school change is desired.
The Broward County Public School district is a nationally recognized leader in the quality and diversity of education we offer students. Magnet Programs offer educational choices in Broward County Public Schools. While similar courses and programs may be available in comprehensive schools, Magnet Programs attract students by offering unique opportunities for in-depth experiences and study in specific areas of interest. Each Magnet Program emphasizes a specialized theme. Our goal is to create educational interests, celebrate cultural and ethnic diversity, and foster student achievement.
- Expand educational choices for students
- Promote diversity within our schools
- Set high expectations for all students to improve student achievement
- Prepare students for further education and the world of work
- Develop positive school climates with academic emphasis
- Provide real-life and hands-on experiences
- Offer mentorship and internship opportunities
Broward County Public Schools
Demographics & Student Assignments
600 SE 3RD Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301